WE are currently looking for
ACCOA Direct Care Provider
Below are the minimum employment requirements
- Direct care workers must be at least 18 years of age; qualified through education or experience, and possess, or develop before providing services, or the skills necessary to meet the needs of the recipient population.
- CPR and First aid (can be completed after hiring)
- Required education and alternatives to formal education; high school or general education development (GED) diploma
- demonstration to the program administrator of the ability to read written instructions and to make appropriate entries regarding services in the recipient’s record file.
- ability to communicate with his/her supervisor and with the recipient and the primary caregiver
- ability to understand the needs of, and to work with the recipient population
- ability to be guided by the plan of care
- ability to handle household and medical emergencies
- ability to have a compassionate personality
- ability to communicate effectively with his/her peers
Provider/Direct Care Worker
Executive Director and In-Home Services Coordinator
A direct care worker/Provider aids and provides care to the elderly within our service program. The job description of a direct care worker involves patience, empathy, strong interpersonal skills, and detailed knowledge of best care practices. A direct care worker/Provider provides a number of services depending on the needs of the individual; these might include assisting in running errands, helping patients move around their homes, counseling individuals on independent living, and other activities of daily living.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Direct Care Worker/Provider at ACCOA are as follows. Helps the elderly or physically disabled move from room to room around their homes.
- Assists individuals in dressing, bathing, and completing basic hygiene tasks.
- Oversee and required rehabilitation exercises
- Ensure that individuals take their prescribed medications
- Prepare meals that adhere to any special dietary needs
- Assist with cleaning and housework
- Ensure that the clients are reaching their goals as outlined in the plan of care
- Properly document daily job duties
The minimum qualifications for a Direct Care Worker/Provider for ACCOA are as follows
- Certified nurse’s aide (CNA) Preferred (not required)
- CPR & first aid certification (Can obtain after hire)
- Successful completion of training programs provided by ACCOA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Skills & Proficiencies
- Willingness to work with clients
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals
- Ability to possess detailed knowledge of a patient’s condition, symptoms, and medications
- Excellent Verbal Communication (clear and effective)
- Ability to think quickly and act calmly in an emergency
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Discretion and judgment
- Emotional strength to work with ailing clients
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of proper first aid and emergency response procedures
- Ability to maintain a friendly and open demeanor at all times.
The incumbent may sit or be on feet for long periods of time. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Must have the physical stamina required to help individuals move around if needed.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time (Based on Employer’s need)
- Healthcare, personal care assistant, or caregiver: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- First Aid CPR AED (Required)
- English (Required)
- Competitive wages, training programs, and room for advancement
- Participants Home or on location.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 an hour
Job Classification: Registered Nurse
Site: Alcona County Commission on Aging
Rate of Pay: $18.00 to $21.00 (part time)
This position performs a variety of integrated functions, intuitively, using the nursing process while applying a broad nursing knowledge in a caring, concerned manner.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates proficiency in nursing skills to carry out the patient’s plan of care.
Communicates interactions, both verbal and written, that clearly and positively accomplish desired patient care as a collaborative effort.
Educates patients and families.
Provides teaching, support and coordination of health care plans for patient and family as needed.
Promotes clinical knowledge development including critical thinking skills and improves strategies for comparing clinical judgment through research and continuing education.
Bi-Annual and Annual Assessments
In home monitoring
Working directly with our Direct Care Workers to ensure they are following care plans
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
Required Education: Registered Nurse
5 years’ experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURE:
RN / Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan
Job Type: Part-Time 20 hours per week
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Lincoln, MI 48742: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please sent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Wednesday, August 9th, 2023
Instructions to download and upload your filled out application.
Hours of Operation
M-F: 8am – 4pm
Sat & Sun: Closed