WE are currently looking for
ACCOA Direct Care Provider
Below are the minimum employment requirements
- Direct care workers must be at least 18 years of age; qualified through education or experience, and possess, or develop before providing services, or the skills necessary to meet the needs of the recipient population.
- CPR and First aid (can be completed after hiring)
- Required education and alternatives to formal education; high school or general education development (GED) diploma
- demonstration to the program administrator of the ability to read written instructions and to make appropriate entries regarding services in the recipient’s record file.
- ability to communicate with his/her supervisor and with the recipient and the primary caregiver
- ability to understand the needs of, and to work with the recipient population
- ability to be guided by the plan of care
- ability to handle household and medical emergencies
- ability to have a compassionate personality
- ability to communicate effectively with his/her peers
Provider/Direct Care Worker
Executive Director and In-Home Services Coordinator
A direct care worker/Provider aids and provides care to the elderly within our service program. The job description of a direct care worker involves patience, empathy, strong interpersonal skills, and detailed knowledge of best care practices. A direct care worker/Provider provides a number of services depending on the needs of the individual; these might include assisting in running errands, helping patients move around their homes, counseling individuals on independent living, and other activities of daily living.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Direct Care Worker/Provider at ACCOA are as follows. Helps the elderly or physically disabled move from room to room around their homes.
- Assists individuals in dressing, bathing, and completing basic hygiene tasks.
- Oversee and required rehabilitation exercises
- Ensure that individuals take their prescribed medications
- Prepare meals that adhere to any special dietary needs
- Assist with cleaning and housework
- Ensure that the clients are reaching their goals as outlined in the plan of care
- Properly document daily job duties
The minimum qualifications for a Direct Care Worker/Provider for ACCOA are as follows
- Certified nurse’s aide (CNA) Preferred (not required)
- CPR & first aid certification (Can obtain after hire)
- Successful completion of training programs provided by ACCOA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Skills & Proficiencies
- Willingness to work with clients
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience and compassion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals
- Ability to possess detailed knowledge of a patient’s condition, symptoms, and medications
- Excellent Verbal Communication (clear and effective)
- Ability to think quickly and act calmly in an emergency
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Discretion and judgment
- Emotional strength to work with ailing clients
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of proper first aid and emergency response procedures
- Ability to maintain a friendly and open demeanor at all times.
The incumbent may sit or be on feet for long periods of time. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Must have the physical stamina required to help individuals move around if needed.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time (Based on Employer’s need)
- Healthcare, personal care assistant, or caregiver: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- First Aid CPR AED (Required)
- English (Required)
- Competitive wages, training programs, and room for advancement
- Participants Home or on location.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $11.00 /hour
- Help pack Home Delivered Meals. Check Delivery list, count meals and ensure they match list
- Keep vehicles clean and well maintained
- Wipe down and disinfect all interior services of oven/refrigerator unit daily
- If coolers or other delivery containers are used, disinfect these units after each delivery run
- Drive in a safe manner, obey all traffic rules.
- Deliver meals and any information (handouts, etc.)
- Insure you sign your home-delivered meal sheets
- Take pride in our work, enjoy and SMILE!!!
- Must be mature individual
- Minimum high school education
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with insurance
- No felony convictions (State Police Background Check)
- Experience preferred but not required
- Must possess a genuine interest and concern in working with senior citizens and have a confidential and tactful nature.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of clients
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be friendly, polite and smile!
- Must wear ACCOA identification badge
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $9.25 to $11.00 /hour
Job Classification: Office Secretary
Site: Alcona County Commission on Aging
Rate of Pay: 10.35/hr – 11.50/hr (Based on Experience)
The qualifications listed below are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Under the supervision of the ACCOA Executive Director, acts as the Office Secretary for the Commission on Aging, receiving calls and walk-in visitors and providing them with information or directing them to the appropriate person or department. Performs a variety of clerical tasks. Maintain a smooth-running office, handle office schedules, monitor deadlines, answer phones, organize files, and prepare and type documents. Strong computer literacy and familiarity with software a must. Handle communications with clients with exceptional customer service!
- Exceptional Customer service (required): receptionist and telephones.
- Ability to learn quickly and do well under pressure
- Processes various applications to verify client information, taking client information and referring them to the appropriate departments, checking statistical data for accuracy and completeness, and verifying eligibility.
- Monitors the client’s medical record assuring the proper documentation and completes to assure appropriate client billing.
- Makes referrals to department programs as appropriate.
- Types a variety of letters and forms. Prepares mailings. This list is not inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
- Monday – Friday 8 am to 4 pm
- Full Time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Full and Partime (Eligible after 90 days of employment)
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of clerical experience preferably in a clinic or medical office or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Word, Excel, and agency databases.
- Valid Michigan driver’s license; own means of transportation.
- Works in office conditions but may include some travel.
- Ability to effectively communicate or relate with staff and the public in a professional capacity and provide service in a culturally competent manner.
- Initial and annual training pertaining to OSHA’s Blood Borne Pathogen Standard
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Instructions to download and upload your filled out application.
Hours of Operation
M-F: 8am – 4pm
Sat & Sun: Closed