The Alcona County Commission on Aging (ACCOA) has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 respiratory disease since its arrival in Michigan on March 10th. Based on the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-9 and recommendations from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the ACCOA has decided to take the following proactive measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ensure the health and safety of agency clients, caregivers, staff, volunteers, and community members:
- The Alcona County Commission on Aging & Senior Center will be closed to the general public effective Wednesday, March 18th until further notice.
- Staff at the Commission on Aging will continue to staff the office Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. If you need assistance, please call the office at (989) 348-7123.
- All activities, events, classes and trips have been suspended until further notice.
- Congregate Meals will continue to be offered Monday thru Friday on a curbside take-out basis from 11:30am – 12:30pm. Meals can be picked up at that time for both lunch and dinner as well as meals for the weekend. Please call the ACCOA at (989) 348-7123 to order your meal for take-out.
- Meals on Wheels will continue to be delivered on an alternative schedule. Telephone reassurance calls will continue to be made to clients at home for safety checks.
- In-Home Services will continue to be offered with priority given to our clients in greatest need.
As indicated by our President and the Governor of Michigan, the return of programs and services to its normal level remains unknown as the situation continues to change daily. Further communication will be made through the ACCOA via phone calls, emails, the ACCOA website and Facebook posts.
CDC -Information on Viral Vector Vaccines (Johnson and Johnson)
AHC’s COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ Video (featuring Dr. Marshall and Bernie O’Brien, PAC)
AHC’s Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson, Which Vaccine Should I Get? Video (featuring Dr. Marshall)
What to Expect/How to Prepare for Your Appointment to Get Vaccinated for COVID-19
Alcona Health Center will begin scheduling appointments for the COVID-19 Vaccine for the expanded groups (including those 50+, care giver family members for children with special needs, and some frontline essential workers) as of March 8th. Those in these categories may pre-register for your vaccination now by phoning (989) 736-9819 or online at http://www.alconahealthcenters.org/covid-19-alerts
(This expansion is being done in alignment with the following members of the Northern Michigan Public Health Alliance: Benzie-Leelanau District Health Department, Grand Traverse County Health Department, The Health Department of Northwest Michigan, District Health Department No. 2, District Health Department No. 4, and District Health Department #10. The expansion is done to meet our unique community needs and further expands the guidance set by the State of Michigan.)